The Met Con Blue Mountain Adventure Race always strives to provide the best experience for our recruits. Part of this experience is safety. The course and obstacles is our starting point, but what about all the little nips n niggles, cuts and bruises, that could, and do happen…
Met Con Nation, October is the month for giving thanks! The best thing you will ever drive is your own body. Give thanks to it this weekend by not feeling the urge to over indulge…and get out there and move! This month we also give thanks to our event sponsors so watch for our blogs packed with amazing information. Weather not cooperating…start your X-mas shopping at the Blue Mountain Resort Annual Turkey Sale! Sign Up now for the most insane obstacle adventure race on the planet while the price freeze is still on! Do the Turkey Dance cause it’s all about tha Brrr Brr…BLUE – RA !!
Calling all Met Con recruits. We are launching bits and pieces of our 2nd new obstacle for 2015 and require your input on providing a name. Each week we will provide a photo and a hint on the obstacles characteristics. Attached is your 1st photo. Submit your suggested obstacle name throughout the month of September on our Facebook Page and you will be entered to win a free registration for either yourself or your commrade. Sign Up Now for the most insane obstacle adventure race on the planet….BLUE – RA baby!!!
Here it MCB Nation, as posted by the 4th Canadian Division Master Corporal in Meaford. They had a game plan: to be the toughest MCB competition team ever. Well indeed they were victorious. MCB HQ thanks them for their support, but more importantly, thanking them, and those that serve along side them, as they sacrifice for our safety and freedoms… we sometimes take for granted in this beautiful country we call CANADA!
Hey Met Con Nation, the Earlybird pricing is almost ready to take flight, but we are keeping her grounded for one more week. Sign Up before midnight July 7th taking advantage of the amazing price of $49.95 before this big bird flys the coop!
Check out one of 3 new obstacles for 2015..Tower of Terror!
Sign Up now for 2015 with Earlybird pricing and check out the Official MCB 2014 video by Chrilleks Production House and some insight on the 2015 event…
Well the 4th Edition of Met Con Blue is officially in the record books! One of this years winners is no stranger to handling the 105 mm MCB trophy…
IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW FOR SAT, JUNE 14, 2014!!!!
- Speed things up by knowing your race time before arriving to registration – you will be lining up by WAVE TIME to pick up your Race Paks!
- Race Pak Pick Up is available FRI NIGHT from 4pm-8pm and on SATURDAY from 8am-1pm at the Grand Central Lodge. Photo ID will be required and you CANNOT pick up for someone else (sorry).
- If you take a min to do the online waiver NOW, you will save some time at Race Pak Pick Up!
- We are using a new timing system this year and you will be asked to make sure you secure your bib properly AND write your BIB NO. on your arm or leg (somewhere visible). Markers & pins provided at registration.
- Bag check IS available on race day for a cost of $2 per bag (cash only)
- Registration IS available on race day – cash, Visa or Mastercard accepted (limited heats available).
- The awards ceremony for top 3 overall male & female, will take place at 3pm (approx) in the lift plaza, at the Quarter Pipe.
- Be sure to arrive to the starting gate approx 15 mins before your wave time.
- There are NO REFUNDS, SWITCHES or TRANSFERS. If you decide on race day that you want to join another heat, your time will be incorrect.
- After the race, be sure to stop into KAYTOO, FIREHALL or THOLOS to redeem your beer ticket and grab some grub!
- Later in the evening, join the Met Con Nation at the MCB Afterburner Party at TWIST with DJ Andy Visceral!
And most importantly….
ONLINE REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED!!!!!!
Missed the online registration?? Sign up in person on race day!
Stay tuned for details coming on Sunday regarding the Early Bird pricing for next year!
SAVE THE DATE:
SATURDAY, JUNE 13, 2015
For those of you recruits that missed this weeks Virgin 99.9 Breakfast Show with Maddog, potty mouth Maura, and Steve Roberts aka The Six Million Dollar Man…Here’s what they had to say..
Whoa MCB Nation…5 sleeps till the most insane obstacle adventure race on the planet! We thank all of those who have enlisted, but we also want to encourage those still thinking about drafting, so to hit them in their soft spot…